Insurance and Billing
If You Have Health Insurance
When you arrive at registration bring with you:
- Health Insurance Card
- Photo ID
- We bill your medical insurance company directly
- You will be billed for any part of your hospital fees not covered by your insurance company
- You will be asked to pay a portion of your deductible, co-pay,
or co-insurance before, or during, your admission stay
- For clinic, pharmacy, laboratory, and radiology services deductible, co-pays or co-insurance will be collected at time of service
- Payments may be made with cash, personal check, or accepted major
- You may receive multiple statements. Please organize your statements by account number to assist you in identifying charges, payments and adjustments
- We expect to receive payment from your private insurance within 45 days. Should your insurance carrier not respond in 45 days, you will receive a statement requesting payment
- You will receive separate bills if you had services from a radiologist, Emergency Department physician, ambulance company, or other physicians who bill separately
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
If You Do Not Have Health Insurance
Natividad provides financial assistance programs for qualified patients who need help paying for services. If you are in need of financial assistance, Natividad offers payment plans and charity care in accordance with state law.
All patients are encouraged to contact or visit the Financial Counseling office (831) 755-4165 to apply for assistance, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
For services rendered on or after January 1, 2007 Natividad complies with state law AB774 relative to charity care, self pay, high cost medical discounts, and debt collection policies.
Covered California is a part of the state of California where you can get health insurance to protect yourself and your loved ones. You may be able to get financial assistance through Covered California to make your health coverage more affordable. Having insurance can ensure your access to medical care if you get sick or are injured, so you can keep your body healthy. Having insurance also protects your peace of mind, because you can rest assured that you will have help when you need it most.
Natividad can help you in filling out the appropriate forms for you and your family members. Natividad also participates in the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program; ask a representative for more details.