The Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center at Natividad is dedicated to serving patients who have experienced a debilitating injury or illness. Our patients need comprehensive, interdisciplinary, inpatient rehabilitation services. Our goal is to maximize each patient’s potential, and to return each patient’s ability to its highest level.
A free pre-admission screening is provided to all referred patients by one of the members of our team. The Medical Director is responsible for authorizing a patient’s admission to the program.
You can use these guidelines to determine if acute rehabilitation is right for you or your loved one if the patient:
- Has potential to significantly improve function or achieve independence
- Is medically stable
- The patient and the family are willing to participate with the team in the therapeutic program
- Can participate in and benefit from a minimum of three hours of therapeutic services per day, at least five days a week
- Has a plan for discharge
- Requires 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care and medical management
- Requires at least 2 types of therapy (speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, and/or physical therapy)
If you think Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center is right for you or your loved one, please contact us to make a referral.
Learn more about making a referral >