Answer the following questions to find out if you might be a good candidate for weight loss surgery at Natividad.
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Is your BMI between 35 and 60?
- Have you made strong dieting efforts in the last two years?
- Are you able to walk?
- Are you generally in good health?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all the questions above, you may be a good candidate for weight loss surgery.
Some people have a hard time starting a conversation about obesity with their doctor. Feel free to print this page, give it to your doctor, and ask if they think you would be a good candidate.
Since safety and effectiveness are our main concerns, we cannot offer weight loss surgery if you:
- Have an alcohol or tobacco addiction
- Use methadone or suboxone
- Take narcotic pain medications daily
- Have serious heart or lung problems
- Have organ failure
- Have liver problems (hepatitis C, cirrhosis)