Insurance and Billing
At Natividad, we are committed to providing compassionate, high-quality care to everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
If You Have Health Insurance
When you arrive at registration bring with you:
- Health Insurance Card
- Photo ID
- We bill your medical insurance company directly
- You will be billed for any part of your hospital fees not covered by your insurance company
- You will be asked to pay a portion of your deductible, co-pay,
or co-insurance before, or during, your admission stay
- For clinic, pharmacy, laboratory, and radiology services deductible, co-pays or co-insurance will be collected at time of service
- Payments may be made with cash, personal check, or accepted major
- You may receive multiple statements. Please organize your statements by account number to assist you in identifying charges, payments and adjustments
- We expect to receive payment from your private insurance within 45 days. Should your insurance carrier not respond in 45 days, you will receive a statement requesting payment
- You will receive separate bills if you had services from a radiologist, Emergency Department physician, ambulance company, or other physicians who bill separately
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
If You Do Not Have Health Insurance, Cannot Afford to Pay for Treatment or are Underinsured
Natividad provides financial assistance programs for qualified patients who need help paying for services. If you are uninsured or underinsured, we encourage you to contact our Financial Counseling office for assistance. You may be eligible for hospital financial assistance programs, including Self-Pay, Discount, Charity Care, or the High Medical Cost Programs. The policy and application forms can be accessed below:
We have dedicated financial counseling staff who help our patients apply for our internal programs as well as Medi-Cal, Covered California, and cancer programs. All patients are encouraged to contact the Financial Counseling office (831) 755-4165 to apply for assistance, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Financial Assistance Program
SVMHS offers a Financial Assistance Program. Please read more about the policies in the document below.
Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
When you get emergency care or are treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center, you are protected from balance billing. In these cases, you shouldn’t be charged more than your plan’s copayments, coinsurance and/or deductible.
Please click on the link below to review Natividad’s Standard Charges.
Natividad Speaks Your Language
All financial information is available in English and Spanish, and interpreters for other languages are available to explain your rights and programs available at no cost to you.
Covered California is a part of the state of California where you can get health insurance to protect yourself and your loved ones. You may be able to get financial assistance through Covered California to make your health coverage more affordable. Having insurance can ensure your access to medical care if you get sick or are injured, so you can keep your body healthy. Having insurance also protects your peace of mind, because you can rest assured that you will have help when you need it most.
Natividad can help you in filling out the appropriate forms for you and your family members. Natividad also participates in the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program; ask a representative for more details.