The Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center Stroke Support Group Announces Its 2018 Support Schedule
- January 23, 2018
SALINAS, CA — The Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center Stroke Support Group will host a guest speaker at their monthly support group meetings throughout 2018. The Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center is designed to assist patients and their families with the transition from an acute hospital setting to home. Patients receive daily physician and therapy visits to ensure medical stability and optimal functional recovery. The Center helps patients reach a high level of functional independence to return home safely and with confidence.
The Stroke Support Meeting Schedule
Upcoming dates include:
- Jan 24: Registered Dietician, healthy living/healthy eating
- Feb 28: Speech/Language Pathologist, post stroke swallow and language problems
- March 28: Family member of a stroke survivor
- April 25: Michelle Toderick, Program Director, Sharing our successes
- May 23: Stroke survivor
- June 27: Presentation on S&S of stroke, how to keep our bodies healthy after a stroke
- July 25: Community Social Worker
- Aug 22: Dr Anthony Galicia, MD; Physiatrist and Medical Director ARU
- Sept 26: Manager of the Medicare program/Open enrollment
- Oct 24: Stroke support group reunion
- Nov 28: Community support and programs
- Dec 26: Residual effects of strokes and treatment options
The Group meets from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. the 4th Wednesday of the month at the Sam Karas Rehabilitation Center (Main Dining Room) located at 1441 Constitution Drive, Building 100 in Salinas. The Group is facilitated by Jo Ellen Clark, LSW. Spanish speaking assistant is Ana Calderone. Call for more information: 831.772.746
About Natividad Medical Center (NMC)
Owned and operated by Monterey County, NMC is a 172-bed, acute-care hospital providing health care services to county residents for more than 132 years. Based in Salinas, California, NMC offers inpatient, outpatient, emergency, diagnostic and specialty medical care. NMC provides more than 38,000 patient days of care each year and has more than 52,000 emergency department visits per year. NMC is a Level II Trauma Center providing the immediate availability of specialized personnel, equipment and services to treat the most severe and critical injuries. NMC’s Trauma Center is a vital community service locally that saves lives and eliminates the need to fly critically injured patients to a distant trauma center. NMC is the only teaching hospital on the Central Coast through its affiliation with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). With a medical staff of more than 380 physicians, NMC’s mission is to continually monitor and improve the health of the people, including the vulnerable, in Monterey County through coordinated, affordable high-quality health care. For more information, please call 831-755-4111 or visit https://www.natividad.com/.
Natividad Medical Center
1441 Constitution Blvd.
Salinas, CA 93912-1611