Natividad offers non-denominational spiritual care. If you would like a visit from a chaplain to address your spiritual concerns, please ask your nurse for assistance.
In times of stress and uncertainty, spiritual comfort can be an incredibly valuable resource. At Natividad, we know how important it is for patients and their families to feel supported throughout any medical journey. Our Spiritual Care service provides spiritual support to patients and their families. Hospital chaplains are here to help patients and their families who are experiencing concern, anxiety, stress, sudden loss, or difficulties dealing with prolonged illness. Our chaplains are standing by to comfort, to listen, to pray, and to talk when requested.
The Spiritual Care program at Natividad is committed to caring for the special spiritual needs of children, adults and families. Chaplains are available to help people of all faith traditions explore spiritual questions and concerns that may arise during hospitalization. They are committed to providing resources from an individual’s own faith or spiritual tradition, helping people to explore the comfort, hope and strength these traditions provide.
Your hospital chaplain respects your religious traditions and personal experiences. Whatever your denomination may be, chaplains come to support rather than to persuade. We also welcome the involvement of your home clergy while you are at Natividad.
The Spiritual Care program offers:
- A meditation room/chapel on the 3rd floor of the inpatient building
- Chaplains that are assigned to each hospital unit and are available to visit with patients and their families
- Assistance to patients, families and hospital staff in finding and deepening their spiritual resources
- Copies of scriptures and holy writings from various faiths available in the meditation room or from a chaplain
- Literature to assist in developing faith and spiritual practices and to help those who are ill, recovering or grieving
- Assistance with referrals to local faith communities and their leaders
- Assistance with referrals to hospice care
Special services include:
- Pastoral visits
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Emergency baptism
- Naming ceremonies
- Referral to community faith leaders
For our Spiritual Care services, please speak to your nurse or call (831) 755-4215.