Received a coveted 4-star rating for Quality from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Overall Star Rating provides consumers with a simple overall rating generated by combining multiple dimensions of quality into a single summary score.
Recognized by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) for meritorious surgical care outcomes in 2022 for 2021. Natividad is one of only 78 health care organizations nationally to receive this honor and the only one in Monterey County.
2017-current Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield. The Blue Distinction Specialty Care program recognizes nationally designated health care facilities that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
2019-current Level II Trauma Center Verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The verification recognizes the hospital for meeting the highest standard of care possible for treating injured patients.
2019-current Natividad received 7 “A” Hospital Safety Grades from The Leapfrog Group. Leapfrog assigns grades twice annually in recognition of how well U.S. hospitals protects patients from infections, accidents, errors and injuries.
2017-2022 BETA Healthcare Group Award of Excellence in the Emergency Department. The goal of Excellence in the ED is to improve the care for the critical pediatric patient.
2018-2022 National Ranking in the Top 10% of Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities by Uniform Data System (UDS). The ranking certifies that Natividad provides care that is effective, efficient, timely and patient-centered. Natividad Ranked second in the nation out of approximately 860 rehab units for Overall Quality and Outcomes for Acute Rehabilitation Units by UDS.
2016-2021 Kindred Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation Top-Performer Award, and ranked #2 for Quality and Outcomes for Acute Rehabilitation Units by Kindred out of 110 Kindred hospital-based acute rehab units in the United States.
2009-2022 BETA Healthcare Group Award of Excellence for High Quality Obstetrical Practices achieving 100% Compliance. The goal of the OB initiative is to promote best practice in care delivery to moms and babies in BETA’s “Quest for Zero” preventable birth injuries.
2020 Named one of Newsweek’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2020. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
2015-current Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield signifying that Natividad delivers high quality maternity care safely and effectively, based on objective quality measures that represent evidence-based practices of high-quality maternity care.
2016-2022 Smart Care California’s C-section Honor Roll for Maternity Care. Efforts include improving C-section rates, applying critical safety measures, ensuring that mothers get timely and high-quality prenatal and postpartum care.
2013-2023 International recognition as a Baby-Friendly® birth facility for offering breastfeeding mothers the information, confidence, and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies.
California Association of Public Hospitals and California Health Care Safety Net Institute Quality Leaders Award 2020 Special Recognition for COVID-19 Response.
2020 Recognized by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) for meritorious surgical care outcomes for 2019. Natividad is one of only 89 health care organizations nationally to receive this honor and the only one within Monterey County.
- Natividad is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Natividad Family Medicine Residency Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Diabetes Education Center accredited by the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists.
- International Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International (CARF) for Hospital (Adults) and Hospital: Stroke Specialty Programs (Adults) Programs.
- A accreditation for Simulation Program by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. Natividad is only the second hospital in California to achieve this status.
- The Child Advocacy Center at Natividad is accredited by the National Children’s Alliance, ensuring that all children receive consistent, evidence-based services to help them heal.
- Accreditation as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint Quality Program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).