2019-2021 Natividad received “A” Hospital Safety Grades from The Leapfrog Group. Leapfrog assigns grades twice annually in recognition of how well U.S. hospitals protects patients from infections, accidents, errors and injuries.
2019-2021 Level II Trauma Center Verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The verification recognizes the hospital for meeting the highest standard of care possible for treating injured patients.
2018-2020 National Ranking in the Top 10% of Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities by Uniform Data System (UDS). The ranking certifies that Natividad provides care that is effective, efficient, timely and patient-centered. Natividad Ranked second in the nation out of approximately 900 rehab units for Overall Quality and Outcomes for Acute Rehabilitation Units by UDS.
2016-2020 Kindred Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation Top-Performer Award, and ranked #1 for Quality and Outcomes for Acute Rehabilitation Units by Kindred out of 110 Kindred hospital-based acute rehab units in the United States.
2009-2020 BETA Healthcare Group Award of Excellence for High Quality Obstetrical Practices achieving 100% Compliance. The goal of the OB initiative is to promote best practice in care delivery to moms and babies in BETA’s “Quest for Zero” preventable birth injuries.
2020 Named one of Newsweek’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2020. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
2015-2020 Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield signifying that Natividad delivers high quality maternity care safely and effectively, based on objective quality measures that represent evidence-based practices of high-quality maternity care.
2016-2021 Smart Care California’s C-section Honor Roll for Maternity Care. Efforts include improving C-section rates, applying critical safety measures, ensuring that mothers get timely and high-quality prenatal and postpartum care.
2013-2023 International recognition as a Baby-Friendly® birth facility for offering breastfeeding mothers the information, confidence, and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies.
2020 Recognized by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) for meritorious surgical care outcomes for 2019. Natividad is one of only 89 health care organizations nationally to receive this honor and the only one within Monterey County.
2017-2020 Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery designation by Blue Cross Blue Shield. The Blue Distinction Specialty Care program recognizes nationally designated health care facilities that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
- Natividad is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Natividad Family Medicine Residency Program is accredited by the Council of Graduate Medical Education — a status achieved by less than 20% of residency programs in the country.
- Diabetes Education Center accredited by the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists.
- 2019 International Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International (CARF) for Hospital (Adults) and Hospital: Stroke Specialty Programs (Adults) Programs.
- 2020 accreditation for Simulation Program by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. Natividad is only the second hospital in California to achieve this status.
- The Child Advocacy Center at Natividad is accredited by the National Children’s Alliance, ensuring that all children receive consistent, evidence-based services to help them heal.
- 2021 Accreditation as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint Quality Program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).