Central Coast Health Connect Patient Portal
Log in to Central Coast Health Connect >
What is Central Coast Health Connect (CCHC)?
CCHC is a community health information exchange (HIE), a system established to help patients and health care providers securely share health information electronically. An HIE helps to ensure that only you and the caregivers you authorize — including doctors, hospitals, and labs — have secure, instant access to vital medical information necessary to provide you the best care possible.
Who Can Participate in CCHC?
At this time, information is limited to patients 18 years and older receiving certain services from the Emergency Department and/or hospital stay. Primary account users can also choose to set up “dependent” accounts for their children up to, but not including, age 10-years-old.
Getting Started With CCHC
To get signed up for CCHC, follow the steps below.
- When you register for Natividad services, provide the hospital registrar with your email address and valid ID
- You will receive an invitation email with a link to Central Coast Health Connect (CCHC) with instructions to register
- Click on the link in that email to start the registration process to gain access to CCHC and your health information
- You will be asked to enter your date of birth to confirm your identity
- To register, you will be asked to verify your name and create a username and password. Your email address is strongly recommended for the user ID
- Create three security questions to verify your identity in case you forget your password
- Enter your contact and personal information
- Once you register, you can access information from your visits at Natividad. To learn more about Central Coast Health Connect, please call (831) 644-7494 or visit: www.cchchelp.com
Why Is it Important to Participate in CCHC?
To increase safety, efficiency, and collaboration, leading-edge organizations are implementing health information exchanges to link patients and their care providers. When you and your health care providers participate in CCHC, your health care team can securely access and share pertinent medical information, enhancing the ability to make the best decisions for your care.
Can I Get my Test Results Electronically with CCHC?
Yes. A major benefit to patients is the CCHC patient portal. If you provide your email address when you register — depending on the services you receive — you will get an email invitation to join the CCHC patient portal. If you receive an invitation, please click the ‘register’ link within the email and follow the instructions to create your account. Within four days following your visit, you will receive any non-sensitive test results or related health data.
How Is my Information Secure?
Protecting privacy is a top priority in the CCHC system. Access to patient data is strictly regulated. State and federal privacy laws require policies that are strictly followed and enforced. CCHC understands that patient privacy is essential, and we make every effort to ensure patient data is securely managed.
State and federal laws regarding the electronic distribution of sensitive test results prevents us from providing you with all of your test results through the CCHC patient portal. For additional information about those results considered sensitive, please refer to California State Health and Safety Code 123148, particularly the following section:
“. . . none of the following clinical laboratory test results and any other related results shall be disclosed to a patient by internet posting or other electronic means:
- HIV antibody test
- Presence of antigens indicating a hepatitis infection
- Abusing the use of drugs
Test results related to routinely processed tissues, including skin biopsies, Pap smear tests, products of conception, and bone marrow aspirations for morphological evaluation, if they reveal a malignancy.”
What if I Don’t Want to Participate in CCHC?
If you don’t want to participate in CCHC, you may choose to opt out. It is also important to understand that opting out prevents the sharing of your information through CCHC between providers. If they choose, your doctor and other care providers will still be able to individually use the electronic health information exchange to have your lab results, radiology reports, and other data sent directly to them. If you still choose to opt out, please email: email@example.com or call (831) 644-7494.