Monterey County Hospitals Share Flu Information During the COVID-19 Pandemic On Monterey County Media Briefing
- October 15, 2020
When: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 Time: Noon
Where: Monterey County Media Briefing via Zoom and YouTube Live Stream
What: Medical experts from all four Monterey County hospitals share information the public needs to know about the flu season during the COVID-19 pandemic
Flu season during COVID (Dr. Martha Blum, Medical Director, Infection Prevention, Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula):
- What is the same and different about symptoms of flu and COVID-19?
- Who is most vulnerable?
- How dangerous is the flu season expected to be?
- When does season start and end?
Prevention/vaccine (Carla Spencer, RN, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System):
- Will COVID-19 preventative measures reduce flu severity or spread?
- How effective is the flu vaccine this year?
- Should you get the flu shot now or wait?
- Where are the free clinics and locations to get a flu shot?
- How will COVID-19 and flu strain hospitals?
When to seek medical attention (Dr. Craig Walls, Chief Medical Officer, Natividad):
- When should you seek emergency care?
- How will hospitals and medical care providers determine if you have flu or COVID-19?
- How safe is the emergency room and getting medical care during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Quarantining (Dr. Nesreen Khraisha, Infectious Disease Specialist, Mee Memorial):
- If you have symptoms of flu, what are the rules around quarantining?
- What are the myths around flu?
To be included as a media representative on the Monterey County Media Briefings or with questions about the briefings, please contact Maia Carroll, Communications Coordinator, Monterey County at firstname.lastname@example.org.